Selected in the 11th call for residencies (2019)
These are the 24 projects selected for the 11th programme of artistic residences (2019), out of a total of 199 companies coming from more than 19 countries. To choose the projects, a selection committee was created made up of four members that are relevant on the contemporary stage: Marc Olivé (Mercat de les Flors, Barcelona) Tiago Guedes (Teatro Rivoli, Portugal), Xosé Paulo Rodriguez (Teatro Rosalía de Castro, A Coruña), Joel Toledo (Dance Consultant for the Region of Madrid) and Natalia Álvarez Simó (Director of Centro Danza Canal and of Teatros del Canal).
This programme is aimed at consolidated or emerging professionals, both creators and companies, that develop their lines of work regarding dance and moving arts and that have the aim of researching or developing new projects in this field.
In this eleventh call for residencies, there were two types:
CREATION RESIDENCIES: focused on the development of scenic proposals that are new or not yet finished creations and that aim to develop a scenic work to be launched at CDC. The projects selected will have a residency of 2 months and they will also be exhibited during the Abierto en Canal series. The six companies selected for creation residencies are:
– Paula Quintana with the project LLAA (Las alegrías).
– Lucía Marote with the project Ella.
– Igor Bacovich e Iratxe Ansa with the project Exstesia (conversaciones a oscuras).
– Amaranta Velarde with the project Apariciones sonoras.
– Eduardo Guerrero with the project Debajo de los pies.
– Elías Aguirre with the project El insecto primitivo.
RESEARCH RESIDENCIES: aimed at supporting the exploration, investigation and development of projects in the creation process. In this case the residency will be 2 months. The 18 companies selected for creation residencies are:
– Eduardo Vallejo with the project INDULGENCE.
– Fran Martínez with the project humedales.
– Led Silhouette with the project CÓNCAVO CONVEXO.
– Raquel Gualtero with the project AMARO.
– Colectivo La Majara with the project Vulkano/la coincidencia de los opuestos.
– Javier Guerrero with the project LORD M-27.
– Pepa Ubera with the project La máquina de los sueños horizontales.
– Raquel Klein with the project Wu Wei.
– Bárbara Sánchez with the project Várvara.
– María del Mar Suárez ‘La Chachi’ with the project La Espera
– Arnau Pérez with the project Young Blood.
– Javier Vaquero and Oihana Altube with the project Rojo Pandereta.
– El Manisero in collaboration with the choreographer Talia de Vries, with the project Three Events in Time and Space 3ETS.
– Full Time Company Fabián Thomé with the project YÖY.
– Esther Rodríguez-Barbero and Clara Pampyn with the project Affect.
– Begoña Quiñones and Verónica Garzón with the project Pacto (First Prize at the Choreographic Contest of Madrid 2018).
– Joaquín Collado with the project Crisálida (o la venganza de Leteo)(First Prize at the Choreographic Contest from the district of Tetuán).
– Tomo Mizukoshi (First Prize at the SoloDanza Festival at the Instituto Cervantes in Tokyo).
The aim of this residencies programme is to support professionals by means of providing them with privileged places for their work, as well as time so that they can research, create training resources and share their processes.